Make The Most Of Online Betting Accounts
Opening an online betting account couldn’t be easier with the only real decision coming when entering payment details. Most will opt to use their debit card but there are other ways to fund a betting account.
Most punters will choose to have an account with most online bookmakers, if not all of them. There are no charges for having online betting accounts and although you are likely to use some more than others, certain odds or offers will usually tempt you into an odd bet with the ones you use less often.
Important Considerations When Opening An Account
Make sure you are familiar with the terms and conditions when you register with an online bookmaker. Here is a selection of questions you should consider when looking through online bookmaker terms and conditions.
- Minimum deposit requirements.
- Deposit methods accepted.
- Options for withdrawals from betting account.
- Are fees charged to deposits on betting account?
- Are fees charged to withdrawals from betting account?
- Minimum bet amount taken.
- Maximum winnings allowed.
- Rules for the individual bet you place, especially rules for when bets are voided.
Making A Deposit With An Online Bookmaker
The minimum deposit is often around £5. This money is taken from your chosen method of payment and then shows as a positive account balance in your bookmaker account.
Bookmakers return any winnings to the same card or payment method used to deposit. Sometimes you will be asked to provide details to help the online bookmakers comply with money laundering regulations. Please understand that the online bookmakers are not being difficult, they are simply following legal guidelines.
You can also transfer money between the bookies’ other products such as poker, casino and bingo. Transferring money between accounts is very simple and if you only want to play the sportsbook you can just ignore this function.
We recommend using Skrill (formerly Moneybookers) for depositing into, and withdrawing from online bookmakers, as it is fast, convenient and the fees are reasonably low.
The types of free bet differ from bookie to bookie and it’s important to understand the different types of free bet in order to make the most out of them and to not waste any opportunities. The types of free bet available are covered in the bookmaker offers betting school lesson.
Important Considerations When Looking For Free Bets
These are questions to ask yourself when looking at a bookmakers free bet terms and conditions.
- How much you need to deposit?
- How much you need to bet?
- Which bet your free bet applies to – i.e. some bookmakers will match your first bet with them only?
- What odds you need to bet at to qualify?
- Do you need to bet on a specific sport or event?
- Do there need to be a certain number of outcomes in such an event?
- What is the time period within which you need to use your free bet?
- When will the free bet be available and how will it show on your account?
- Do you need to make a certain number of bets or bet a certain amount before you can withdraw any bonus payment?
- Different Free Bet Types and Amounts
The type of free bet promotions vary greatly and its important to understand the differences before you try and get your free bet.
You may wish to open a new online betting account in order to receive a free bet. We keep an up-to-date list of bookmakers free bets and have also arranged some exclusive ones which are only available if you register your account via a link on this site. Click here for the latest Free Bets.